Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sorry, no pictures yet

So school is going well so far. I love my classes and my teachers. I'm still caught up in my homework and my goal is to stay that way. This is Erik's last semester. He is also a student supervisor at the Reading and Writing Center so he has a lot of responsibility there. He's been working on their new schedule (he and another guy at work finally finished it last night.) They had to change everything around because of the new class schedules for everyone. BYUH went from a 16 week semester to a 13 week semester and added a 3rd term in order to push kids into getting their degrees faster. To compensate for the loss of 3 weeks in the semester, the powers that be changed the 50 minute classes to 60 minute classes. So, as an example, instead of starting class at 7am, getting out at 7:50, having a 10 minute break between classes and starting again at 8am; they've changed it to where the first class starts at 7am, lasts until 8am, and the next class goes from 8:10-9:10. So you have classes starting at 7, 8:10, 9:20, 10:30, 11:40, etc. So many people have been late to class and work because of the change in schedules. Not that I'm complaining. This is a big and difficult change that will not be benefiting most of us who are attending now. However, after the new system is in place and everyone starts getting used to it, the newer students will be able to graduate faster. It's just getting used to it, that's the key. I hope they don't lynch President Wheelwright before this plan can prove to be a success. A lot of people are really annoyed with this decision. Ah well.
Avery is doing great. She loves getting babysat because she gets to go play with her friends. We've changed to where I'm babysitting Lilia and Corban at 5pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays because the fitness center doesn't open back up until 5. :) Avery doesn't know yet. I'm going to just let her see them come over first before I tell her that they're coming to play. She's going to be so excited. She's talking so much now. She says "pweeze" (please) and "dane doo" (thank you) all the time and she starts her own little prayers all by herself now. "Heb-wee Faw-ber, dane doo ..." That's as far as she gets by herself. :) She just woke up so I think we'll start making breakfast now. :D

No comments: