Monday, January 26, 2009

I've already fallen off the wagon with my New Year's goals but today is the day to try again. It's been more than a week since my last posting and I've gotten behind in the reading for my classes. So on the agenda for today (beside's Avery's doctor's appointment at 4), are this quick post and a buttload of reading. :)
Avery learned this really cute thing from Joey where she will just exclaim, "I goh-ween!" (I'm growing!) Then she'll stretch her arms up high and smile big to illustrate the point. It melts my heart every time. She also counted all the way to ten last night! twice! She's so smart. She loves the little mermaid and all things "Pwincess!" related. I think for our home evening activity tonight we're going to make homemade playdough. (She loves cooking in the kitchen with me so I think this'll be a fun thing to do together.) Oh, speaking of cooking, the other morning we were making pancakes together (she was standing on a chair next to the counter) and I turned away for a minute to wash a dish. I turned back and she was using the wire wisk to mix black pepper into our pancake batter! She looked up with a big smile and exclaimed, "I cooookeen!" (I'm cooking!) I couldn't help but laugh as I mixed a different bowl of batter. She got to play cook with her batter and I made breakfast with the new, un-peppered batter.
Last Monday we went to Temple Beach to walk on the beach and play in the sand, but the waves scared Avery (they're a lot bigger this time of year). So we decided to go to Shark's Cove on Saturday because there are no waves inside the cove to scare her. We packed a picnic lunch (complete with SPAM Masubi - yummy), then played in the water for a little while. We had a good time. Avery kept yelling, "I sim-een!" (I'm swimming!) while I was helping her kick her way across the water.
Little Miss has had a cold since Thursday of last week but I think it's starting to get better. She wasn't sleeping very will those first few days of it, but last night she slept ALL NIGHT in her crib. That's the first time she's ever done that. I was stunned when I woke up in the morning because normally I'm up with her at least twice each night. I've been trying to teach her how to self soothe when she wakes up at night, but if she stands up in her crib and calls for me then I bring her into Erik's and my bed. I've very proud of her. Well, it's Avery's nap time and I have a lot to do, but I'll keep updating! :)
Oh, and School of Education applications are due by February, so I've got to get working on that too! Erik's already a good part of the way through his.

No comments: