Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wow, only a year later ...

So it's way late and I should be getting to bed, but I'm going to quickly post anyway. I've felt the need to blog again for quite a while and I don't really have any excuse not to. For those of you who don't know, Erik's in Basic Military Training (BMT) for the Air Force in San Antonio, Texas. He left on March 2nd and will be there through April. 8.5 weeks apart is no fun, and the longest we've ever had to be apart. ... And we're not even a week into it yet. :( This past week has been hard, but it feels like it's starting to get a little easier. Church helped on Sunday, as did getting an email from the service missionaries who met Erik yesterday. They sent a picture.

Seeing him smiling has helped put my mind at ease. Also, Aves and I got our first letter from him today, so that's helped a ton too! Actually, it was an already printed out message on a post card telling us that he had arrived and giving us his address, but it was something, and that's what's important. I feel like such a whiner because I get to sit around eating brownies with Avery and hanging out with friends, talking about how hard it is to be away from my sweet husband, and he's away from home, away from me and Avery, in a harsh and hostile environment, without any way to contact anyone for comfort. He and his group have to "earn" the right to write to their families before he can even send a letter. A-holes. I hate the thought of the TI's being so horrible to him. But he's strong and I know he can do this. Avery really misses him but she's doing well. We have videos of Erik reading stories to her that we've incorporated into our bedtime routine, and every night she tells the video, "Goo-night, Dad! I wuv you!" Her 3rd birthday is coming up and I'm not sure what we're going to do. She wants to have a princess tea party but all but one of her girl friends have moved to Utah. It wouldn't be very nice to invite all her little boy friends to a princess tea party. ... Oh well. We'll figure something out. I'm tired of complaining. I feel like I'm bringing everyone down. I really really miss Erik, but I'll get through and so will he. And soon we'll be back together again and more in love than ever. :) I guess if I keep telling myself that the time will go faster. Here's to hoping time flies, and to hoping I update more often! - Amy


P.S. - This is a picture of Aves at Christmas. She wanted to make sure we saw that her Cinderella doll was actually her, because she was Cinderella for Halloween. That's Erik holding up a picture of her from Halloween. So, according to Aves, that's 3 Averys in one picture. I love my little girl.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yay for updating! You guys are awesome!! Looking forward to seeing you today!

The Matatumua Family said...

Erik is looking good! Your princess is SO cute and has grown so much;) I'm proud of you, Amy!!! Hope to see you when we get back from Japan. we love you!